June 14-15 trip (2018)

Have an upcoming trip? Post about it here! A great place to meet people with the same interests
suyar
Jayhawker

June 14-15 trip (2018)

Post by suyar » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:57 am

Hi to everybody,
I need an advice or practical help.
My name is Yaroslav. I'm from Kyiv, Ukraine.
My family and me (5 altogether) are going to visit Death Valley on 14th and 15th of June. To these purposes we rented a car in LV. One of the points of interests is Racetrack Playa. But it turned out that we can't go there by rented car (though it is SUV) as it is prohibited in the agreement to travel over unpaved roads and the cars usually have no spare tire. I found a company in Furnace Creek, which provides Jeep rentals (Farabee Jeep Rental and Tours - http://farabeejeeps.com/). But they don't rent cars after May 31th and suggest super expensive guided tours only ($280 for a pesron - $1400 for our group in total). I feel disappointed to travel over 10000 km and not be able to see things I planned. Therefore I look for somebody, who can suggest me ideas where to rent a proper car, or borrow his car for one day (I'll pay for it, certainly).
Will be thankful for the help of community

Stincil
Jayhawker

Re: June 14-15 trip (2018)

Post by Stincil » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:14 am

There's a reason Farrabee's doesn't rent during the summer. :dgrin: Please be careful and bring extra water wherever you go. I can't really help you with the vehicle but if you posted the sites you want to see maybe the more experienced and knowledgeable members will have suggestions. Also, consider posting in the Death Valley Talk forum. Best of luck to you. You picked a wonderful place to visit.
Thanks,

Keith