Documentary looking for someone who experienced dehydration.

Topics about survival techniques and situations
solarisfilm
Jayhawker

Documentary looking for someone who experienced dehydration.

Post by solarisfilm » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:42 am

Hi, we are producing a documentaryfor Swedish Television about the American desert(s).
We are looking for someone who has experienced severe dehydration while visiting Death Valley (for example).
We'd like to interview that person to get a first hand account of what happens to the mind and body.
If anyone has any suggestions - please contact us at solaris@telia.com

Best regards
Jesper W
www.solarisfilm.se

SteveH
Death Valley Resident

Post by SteveH » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 pm

I know somebody who definitely experienced severe dehydration. I'll send you an e-mail.

Panamint Charlie
Death Valley Resident

Post by Panamint Charlie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Is the OP still here or did he move on to the next message board?

Been on both ends of that one. I barely made it back to civilization once and another time I almost lost my hiking partner to heat sickness.

Best I can describe it. Go get yourself good and sick with a bad flu. Make sure you've got at least 103* fever. You know those fevers were you can't stand up much less even walk straight. Now run around in a circle until you are good and dizzy, vomit a few times, and now walk a few miles.

Hikers heat stroke at it's finest.

Best medicine; Poweraid/Gookinaid/Pedialite and Munchos chips. Sit in a tub of cold water. Don't submerse in cold water. That might put you into shock. All you need is to get your crotch good and cold/wet. Your arteries will gradually carry the cooled blood to the rest of your body. Ice packs under the arm pits works too.

I'm no medical expert, but I've tested these first hand and found them to work rather well.

Panamintcharlie.com

PanamintValley.com